Housing Rules and Regulations
- The University at Buffalo adheres to and expects its guests to follow all Local, State and federal Laws.
- No tampering with any fire equipment (i.e. fire extinguisher, fire hoses, pull boxes, etc.). This is an arrestable offense.
- Illegal drugs and underage drinking are not permitted on university grounds.
- Sports are not permitted inside of any residential buildings or on the 2nd floor plaza level of the Ellicott Complex.
- Cooking is NOT permitted in guests rooms.
- Only the buildings that are assigned and other specified areas are to be used by your group. All other residential areas are restricted.
- Permission must be granted to use any university space or equipment.
- Courtesy toward others is expected, especially concerning noise.
- All room changes must be done through your group organizer. Group organizers must inform the Campus Living Staff of any and all room changes.
- Immediately report a lost key or swipe card to the Area Office.
- Duplicating of keys is NOT PERMITTED. Additional costs will be incurred if keys are duplicated.
- The University and sponsoring programs reserve the right to enter rooms, without prior notice, for emergency reasons or if you have reported a maintenance problem.
- It is recommended that only small sums of money be kept in rooms. The University assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY for lost or stolen possessions.
- There is no smoking within University buildings including residence halls.
- Only service animals are permitted in the residence halls.