Housing Rules and Regulations
- The University at Buffalo adheres to and expects its guests to
follow all Local, State and federal Laws.
- No tampering with any fire equipment (i.e. fire extinguisher,
fire hoses, pull boxes, etc.). This is an arrestable offense.
- Illegal drugs and underage drinking are not permitted on
- Sports are not permitted inside of any residential buildings or
on the 2nd floor plaza level of the Ellicott Complex.
- Cooking is NOT permitted in guests rooms.
- Only the buildings that are assigned and other specified areas
are to be used by your group. All other residential areas are
- Permission must be granted to use any university space or
- Courtesy toward others is expected, especially concerning
- All room changes must be done through your group organizer.
Group organizers must inform the Campus Living Staff of any and all
- Immediately report a lost key or swipe card to the Area
- Duplicating of keys is NOT PERMITTED. Additional costs will be
incurred if keys are duplicated.
- The University and sponsoring programs reserve the right to
enter rooms, without prior notice, for emergency reasons or if you
have reported a maintenance problem.
- It is recommended that only small sums of money be kept in
rooms. The University assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY for lost or stolen
- There is no smoking within University buildings including
- Only service animals are permitted in the residence halls.