Accommodations for Law Students with Disabilities

Students with disabilities who seek accommodations on the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) or the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) should plan well ahead to insure they have the necessary documentation and are able to meet the deadlines to apply for accommodations, which are often earlier than the bar examination application deadlines. The Vice Dean Melinda Saran is available to meet with students to discuss these applications.

Students can also request a letter confirming accommodations received at the School of Law which is required for most applications for accommodations.

  • MPRE Information: For information on the application for accommodations for the MPRE, please visit the MPRE.

  • Uniform Bar Exam (UBE): For information on the application for accommodations for a specific state's bar examination, go to the National Conference of Bar Examiners and select your preferred Jurisdiction.  Then go to the Jurisdiction’s site to locate the accommodations process for that state or territory.
  • New York State Board of Law Examiners: The New York State Board of Law Examiners instructions for requesting accommodations due to a disability on the New York State Bar Examination, including the Test Accommodation Handbook with application. A student with a disability may apply up to six months prior to the date of the examination and no later than the application deadline for the examination.