Transcripts and Enrollment Verifications

Transcripts (JD/LLM)

Law students may request to have official transcripts of their UB School of Law academic work sent to themselves or designated third parties. University at Buffalo transcripts are a permanent, irrevocable record of all courses attempted or completed, credits, final grades, and law degrees awarded.    

Online Transcript Ordering (JD/LLM)

The University at Buffalo School of Law offers law students online transcript ordering services through Parchment for an additional fee. Their service will facilitate your request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Orders placed through Parchment include expedited processing, order tracking, and secure delivery. Students now have the option to order electronic or paper transcripts through Parchment. Students can also include attachments with their transcript requests as needed (ex: LSAC forms, etc.).  

Former law students who do not have HUB access should access Parchment through this page.  Current and former law students with HUB access should request a transcript via your HUB Student Center as this will automatically authenticate your transcript order.

Undergraduate/Graduate/Pharmacy students or former students should request a transcript through the University Office of the Registrar.  Records for the schools of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, and Dental Medicine are maintained in those schools. If you are a current or former undergraduate, graduate, or pharmacy student, please contact the Office of the University Registrar.

For questions about online transcript ordering, please contact Parchment learner support Monday – Friday 8 a.m.–8 p.m. Use Parchment Tracker to look up order details and status updates.

Students Who Attended UB School of Law 2003 - Present

Students who attended UB 2003 - present and wish to order a paper transcript covered by the comprehensive fee at no additional cost may do so by completing and mailing, emailing, or faxing the Transcript Request Form. Paper forms will be processed in 7-10 business days, will be sent via USPS First Class Mail, and will not include delivery confirmation or estimated delivery dates. Transcripts ordered using the Transcript Request form will not be faxed or sent electronically. Students may also pick up a paper transcript in-person at the walk-up counter at Records and Registration in 304 O’Brian Hall.

In December 2003, approval was granted to add a semester transcript fee as a component to the Comprehensive Fee. This approval was granted after full consultation with students. Beginning spring 2004, all enrolled students are charged a $5 per semester transcript fee with a $60 per student cap. This replaces the previous policy whereby students were charged a fee per transcript.

Students Who Attended UB School of Law Prior to 2003

Students whose entire enrollment at UB was prior to 2003 must use the online transcript order form and pay for a paper or electronic transcript. Students may also pick up a paper transcript in-person at the walk-up center in 304 O'Brian Hall. In-person transcripts must be submitted prior to pick-up. Note that records prior to 1993 may not be readily available for in-person pickup. If your attendance was prior to 1993 and you intend to pick up your transcript at 304 O'Brian Hall, please submit the Transcript Request Form to  We will notify you when your transcript is ready for pick-up.

Expedited Requests (JD/LLM)

Use the online transcript request option through Parchment for expedited processing and/or shipping of paper and PDF transcripts. Transcripts may also be picked up in person at the Records and Registration counter during regular business hours. We are not able to provide paper transcripts via email, fax, or an expedited shipping service such as UPS or FedEx.

In-Person Requests for Transcripts (JD/LLM)

Prior to coming to campus, submit the Transcript Request Form so we may process your request ahead of time.  We will notify you when your transcript is ready for pick-up. You will need to show your ID card or other valid photo identification. A student copy of a transcript will be printed on official transcript paper. 

Request for Records of Deceased Students

In the event of a student’s passing, the University at Buffalo considers the deceased student’s next of kin to be the owner of the record. Please view our policies and procedures for additional information on requesting records of deceased students.

If you are requesting a diploma for a deceased student you must follow the university policies and procedures and direct requests to the University Office of the Registrar.


Students may need to apostille (PDF) or legalize their transcript and/or diploma for use in a foreign country. The university Office of the Registrar assists students with this process by notarizing the document, and coordinating with the offices of the Erie County Clerk and New York State Secretary of State to complete the apostille. Please contact the university Office of the Registrar for additional information on completing an apostille for your transcript and/or diploma at 716-645-5698 or email to

Enrollment Verification

An enrollment verification is an official document that can be used whenever verification of student enrollment status is required for scholarship purposes, medical coverage, jury duty, car insurance, etc. It does not include individual course or grade information and does not provide GPA.

Enrollment verification through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) includes term start date, term end date, enrollment status (full-time, half-time, less than half-time), expected graduation date, status effective date, and the date certified by UB for current and historical enrollment.

More information regarding enrollment verification, including FERPA and when NSC records are updated, can be found on the University Office of the Registrar website.

Students Prior to Spring 2011, Parents, & Third Party Enrollment Verification

Organizations (such as health insurance companies and prospective employers) can request enrollment verification directly from the National Student Clearinghouse. Select the “Verify Current Enrollment” option in the middle of the page after logging on to the site. A fee of $15.00 is charged by the Clearinghouse for this service.

Students After Spring 2011 Request for Verification

Students who have been at UB spring 2011 and later can generate an Enrollment Verification Certificate via the National Student Clearinghouse. To do so, log on to your HUB Student Center (via MyUB), within the Academics section, select Enrollment Verification (within the “other academic” drop down menu). Follow the link to the National Student Clearinghouse Student Self-Service site.

Letter of Good Standing

If a letter of good standing is required for an application send an email to  The email should indicate who the letter is addressed to, the address, and if you would like the letter mailed, emailed, or you would like to pick-up the letter in person.

Degree Verification

If you owe money to the university (such as an outstanding balance on your student accounts, Parking & Transportation fees, library fines or breakage fees) degree information cannot be released. Students who enrolled at UB since spring 2011 or later can view and pay their balance on their HUB Student Center (via MyUB).

Current and former students can obtain proof of degree or additional degree-related information (such as GPA) by requesting an official transcript.

If the organization requesting verification has its own form, students or parents should complete the portion of the form with their information and then attach an official transcript or indicate that degree verification is available through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Organizations (such as health insurance companies and prospective employers) can request degree verification directly from the National Student Clearinghouse. A fee is charged by the Clearinghouse for this service. Be sure to select the correct school:

  • University at Buffalo, SUNY – School of Law for J.D. and LL.M. degrees

Questions about certification services?

National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted at: 

Phone: (703) 742-4200               Fax: (703) 742-4239

Mail:  National Student Clearinghouse

2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300

Herndon, VA 20171