Some of these files require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader from Adobe's website. Fill-in forms may need to be downloaded first, depending on your operating system and browser.

General Forms


  • Application for Independent Study -  (PDF) - JD students working with a faculty member should submit this form with approval to complete an independent study.
  • Petition for J.D. Credit for Courses Taken Outside of the Law School (PDF) - Prior to completing courses in another graduate program at UB, students should submit this form, along with course descriptions, to the Vice Dean for Student Affairs in order to receive JD elective credit for the course(s).
  • Waiver of Faculty Policy (PDF) - This is a general form used for many purposes such as petitioning to take above 16 credits, drop courses after the resign deadline, etc.