Graduation, Diplomas, Honors and Class Ranks
Check your advising report
Confirm your grades
- Clear up any outstanding grades, such as incompletes.
- You cannot get a diploma or transcript if you have financial holds or parking tickets.
Verify Name and Address
- Make sure your name and permanent address are up-to-date in your HUB Student Center (via MyUB). The name on your diploma will match what is on your unofficial transcript in HUB at the time of conferral, and will be mailed to your permanent address on file at the time of conferral. Accent marks or upper and lower case letters in your name may be sent to Records and Registration at email@example.com. If your name is not listed correctly contact Records and Registration.
Sign up for Commencement
- UB holds its Commencement ceremonies once a year in May.
- For online registration, cap & gown order as well as other information, visit School of Law’s Commencement.
- Students earning a J.D. degree are eligible to receive Latin honors based on their University at Buffalo School of Law cumulative GPA.
- Latin honors will appear on your diploma and transcript.
- To qualify for Latin honors a student must be eligible to graduate.
- Students erning an LL.M. degree are eligible to receive departmental honors. Criteria for LL.M. departmental honors can be found in the LL.M. GARP.