10. Students who participate in the NYC Program are three times more likely to get a NYC job than students who do not participate in the program.
9. NYC is a melting pot of culture, art, and history. Students will immerse themselves in a cultural experience, visiting world-class museums and iconic landmarks that will boarden their horizons beyond the classroom.
8. NYC has one of the largest legal and financial markets. Students will be exposed to various legal and financial disciplines, providing a well-rounded understanding of the industry and helping them make informed career choices.
7. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. Professionals find it easier to move from larger cities and firms to smaller ones rather than the other way around.
6. Classes are taught by UB Law alumni and other professionals who have real-world experience.
5. NYC is home to some of the world's best restaurants. Eat your way through a semester of law school.
4. Externships allow NYC Program participants the opportunity to learn from and work alongside people in the industry.
3. See a show on Broadway. Laugh at some of the country's best comedy show clubs. NYC is the city that never sleeps. Learning and good times are not mutually exclusive.
2. John's Pizza -- No slices!!
1. Networking. In law and business, who you know is often as important (or more important) than what you know. The NYC Program gives students the opportunity to meet and make connections with UB Law alumni that have vast connections -- often helping students receive summer associate positions or full-time employment after graduation.